Tuesday, July 10, 2012

HooperCast Episode 22

0:00 - Intro
1:00 - Sam and I discuss "Ted", or rather, we begin to discuss "Ted", as well as Seth McFarlane.
2:32 - John calls and joins our discussion, steering it into a discussion about other things, such as "Brave", "Prometheus", "Amazing Spider-Man" expectations, why the franchise was rebooted, the appeal of Emma Stone, "The Watch", and the effect of 9/11 on movies coming out in theaters at the time.
16:54 - We say goodbye to John
17:23 - Sam and I continue talking about "Ted"
21:00 - We focus more on Seth McFarlane
24:23 - We discuss "21 Jump Street" and end up comparing it to "Ted" a little bit. But we discuss the story, and the chemistry between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.
29:30 - Why I almost never am excited about comedies these days and why "21 Jump Street" succeeded for me and why "The Hangover: Part II" failed.
33:00 - The social significance of "21 Jump Street"
42:16 - Sam goes on a heated rant about Stephanie Meyer and Twilight
44:14 - Marvel will be releasing a 10 - disc set for the Avengers movies
45:04 - We discuss Aaron Sorkin and why some people don't like his stuff.
47:09 - Apparently Tyler Perry is disappointed in "Prometheus". Sam and I engage in a LONG, but GREAT discussion of Tyler Perry and why television shows are better than movies these days.
1:00:46 - We read along with a "Ted" review on Slashfilm
1:04:52 - Kevin James doing MMA in a movie?
1:05:46 - The fact that both me and my wonderful fiance absolutely hate Jack Black.
1:07:42 - We talk about the fact that being on a date during a good movie will distract you from how good the movie is. My first time seeing "Walk The Line" was on a date and because I was preoccupied, I thought the movie sucked. The movie was nominated for multiple Oscars and it turns out the movie is awesome, I just should have been paying attention.
1:12:00 - I show Sam a YouTube video called "Ticklish Cage". check it out.http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/67fcba8825/ticklish-cage
1:16:35 - Goodbye


No comments:

Post a Comment